The Academy of Medical Sciences’ FLIER programme is now open. This is a mentoring programme for people working in the life sciences sector and can create collaborations across sectors such as academia, industry, charitable sector, the NHS, media/science communications, regulatory bodies and government to drive innovation.
Eligible participants: those in the middle of their career, established within their own sector and looking to explore, influence and shape their vision in dialogue with colleagues across sectors, to solve the future challenges of research and healthcare.
On offer: a two-year programme to bring together cohorts of emerging leaders drawn from across academia, industry, the NHS, regulators, science media writers, government/policy organisations and entrepreneurs. The journey includes
- Residential and one-day meetings
- Bespoke financial management training
- Cross-sector project in year 2
Shortlisting: The College of Medical and Dental Sciences at the University of Birmingham will be undertaking a shortlisting process, thus interested applicants (endorsed by their line manager, hence please cc-them) are kindly requested to submit the following documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org (Antonia) by Monday 28 February, at 11:00 am, at the latest with “AMS FLIER 2022” in the subject line followed by your name. Please include:
- 2 A4 page CV (summarise your education, past employment and main responsibilities, major relevant research outputs, contributions and achievements e.g. papers, patents, funding, commercialisation/PPIE/policy-related activities)
- Completed EOI Form for FLIER Programme (click to open and download)
Suitable applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, regardless of their political opinion, age, colour, disability, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, race, religion/belief or sexual orientation.