Medilink, the industry association for the Life Sciences & Medical Technology Sector in the Midlands, is pleased to present a series of free online events to help steer our region’s life sciences businesses through COVID-19 recovery – providing specialist support to boost the region’s economic output from life sciences and medical technology by overcoming barriers to growth.
Many companies will be wondering about the future of International Trade post-COVID-19.
Join this Medilink Midlands webinar to hear from Ian Harrison, Head of Exports – Midlands Region. Ian will be talking about how the Department for International Trade is supporting companies post-coronavirus in recovery and international opportunities available to Life Science companies.
Attend to find out about:
- Trade support available
- Bounceback support
- FTA Agreements
- COVID 19 Support
Plus the opportunity to ask your questions in a Q&A session.
Following the recent news of the amalgamation of Medilink West and East Midlands, the team brings you the next Medilink Midlands virtual coffee morning.
- An informal gathering, jointly hosted by Richard Stone, Chief Executive at Medilink West Midlands and Dr. Darren Clark, Chief Executive at Medilink East Midlands.
- An opportunity to share current challenges and experiences and make introductions to those that can help.
- A chance to hear from guest David Hillan, Partner at Grant Thornton Birmingham, who will provide a brief overview of the company and how it can help support SME businesses in the life sciences sector.
ideasUK, West Midlands Academic Health Science Network & Medlink Midlands bring you this collaborative webinar to offer innovators and SMEs in the health care, life sciences and med-tech sector, the opportunity to better understand how innovative practices can support organisations to rethink how they are going to work after COVID.
- How to maximise engagement with employees, colleagues, and customers to gather ideas to innovate
- How to harness ideas / great ideas to flow with remote working
- How successful communication is an essential part of a business and its success
- How ideasUK can support the growth of innovation and leadership in the workplace
- Introducing new innovative process and solutions in the ever-changing working landscape/environment
- Innovating through crisis – what we have learnt and how we can use these experiences to adapt business processes to improve
Zena Cox, Operations Director, ideasUK
Lindsey McLean, Wye Valley NHS Trust
Sam MacMillan, UK Ideation Manager, HSBC UK Ltd
Tammy Holmes, Head of Innovation Exchange, WMAHSN
If you have any questions or discussion points you wish to submit in advance of the session, these can be submitted on the registration page > https://www.medilinkwm.co.uk/events/innovative-practices-can-support-organisations-rethink-work-covid/
Medilink Midlands and ORCHA invite you to attend a free webinar on Tuesday 25 August at 11am.
ORCHA is the world leading health app evaluation and advisor organisation, helping governments, health and social care organisations to choose and deliver health apps that will safely make the biggest impact to improve outcomes.
This session will cover an introduction to the importance of digital health tools, and the current digital health landscape in the NHS, with Liz Ashall-Payne, CEO at ORCHA. We will then hear from Simon Leigh, Health Economist at ORCHA, on how to build a health-economic model for the NHS. This will include an overview of what is needed, where to obtain data, modelling uncertainty and measuring effectiveness.
- Learn about the digital health landscape in the NHS
- Learn how to build a health-economic model for the NHS
- Ask the presenters any questions you may have