Applications are now open!
Deadline: Monday 17th June 2019, midday
What does the programme offer?
This is a 48 day programme that takes place over 12 months.
The Pre-Doctoral Bridging Programme is designed to bridge the gap for individuals with Masters-level or equivalent qualification who aspire to undertake doctoral level study and progress along the clinical academic career pathway. It is designed to prepare fellows to meet the criteria against which Health Education England (HEE)/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) doctoral applications are measured.
- Undertaking a comprehensive training needs analysis using the Vitae Framework to identify immediate and long term development needs
- A range of taught sessions, masterclasses and workshops enabling participants to consolidate and develop new skills in research, leadership, negotiation, influencing, presentation and maximising impact
- Supervision from a clinical academic and support to build a supervisory team and network
- Exposure to research leaders and research teams
- Participation in an action learning set
- A clinical academic portfolio to support learning during and after the programme
- There are no programme fees and we provide a single payment grant to your employer for your time on the programme
- Access to the University of Birmingham (UoB) education facilities
- Independent study time to complete programme work
The pre-doctoral bridging programme links to the Health Education England (HEE) Research and Innovation Strategy and Clinical Academic Careers Framework. The framework aims to provide a clear pathway from the start of clinicians’ careers with internships, through to those wishing to undertake senior clinical lectureships.
**Please note that interviews will be scheduled on w/c 8th July and 15th July.
For further information about the Pre-Doctoral Bridging Programme, please contact the clinical academic programmes team.
Tel: 0121 371 8162