APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
What does the programme offer?
This is a 48 day programme that takes place over 12 months.
The Post-Doctoral Bridging Programme is a new programme designed to bridge the gap between doctoral level study and applying for a Clinical Lectureship, enabling individuals with a doctorate to progress in their clinical academic career.
It is expected that post-doctoral fellows on this programme will complete a comprehensive self-assessment using the Vitae Researcher Development Framework
The programme is designed to prepare Fellows to meet the criteria against which Health Education England (HEE)/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Lectureship applications are measured, or to apply for equivalent funding.
- Development of a publication plan to include: completion of outstanding doctoral outputs (if not already completed) and other publications underpinning their proposed research programme
- Design a programme of research
- Build a post-doctoral clinical and academic research support team
- Strengthen and extend research national and international networks and collaborations
- Complete any necessary training and identify ongoing learning and development needs
- Appraise mentorship needs and engagement with appropriate mentor(s) and developing skills to mentor others
- Complete an application for HEE/NIHR ICA Clinical Lectureship programme or equivalent
- Consolidating public / patient (PPI) networks to inform the proposed research programme
- Refine extend skills associated with knowledge dissemination (including public understanding), influencing policy-makers, and knowledge implementation
- The programme offers each Fellow an individual funding grant up to the value of £14,000 to support them through the programme – this can be used for salary support, training, conferences, external visits, publication costs, etc.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form. Closing date: 20th March 2020 midday.
**Please note that interviews will likely be scheduled on w/c 6th April 2020.
For further information about the Post-Doctoral Bridging Programme, please contact the clinical academic programmes team.
Tel: 0121 371 4245
Sorry, there are no related news articles.