Applications are now CLOSED
What does the internship offer?
This is a 48 day programme that takes place over 12 months.
The programme is funded by Health Education England working in the West Midlands (HEE-WM) and is designed to act as a first step onto the HEE/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Integrated Clinical Academic (ICA) Programme for non-medical healthcare professions.
- A structured taught programme enabling interns to develop skills in the design and delivery of clinical research – aligned with University of Birmingham Masters in Research
- Access to observational and practical placements to provide an insight into a real world research or academic environment
- One to one supervision from a clinical academic supervisor throughout the programme
- Development of a clinical academic portfolio to support and evidence learning during and following the programme
- There are no programme fees and we provide a single payment grant to your employer for your time on the programme
- Access to the UoB education facilities
- Independent study time to complete programme work
The internship links to the Health Education England (HEE) Research and Innovation Strategy and Clinical Academic Careers Framework. The framework aims to provide a clear pathway from the start of clinicians’ careers with internships, through to those wishing to undertake senior clinical lectureships.
For further information about the internship programme, please refer to the related pages or contact the clinical academic programmes team.
tel: +44 (0) 121 371 4245
Sorry, there are no related news articles.