Applications are now closed
What does the internship offer?
This is a 48 day programme that takes place over 12 months.
The programme is funded by Health Education England working in the West Midlands (HEE-WM) and is designed to act as a first step onto the HEE/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Integrated Clinical Academic (ICA) Programme for non-medical healthcare professions.
- A structured taught programme enabling interns to develop skills in the design and delivery of clinical research – aligned with University of Birmingham Masters in Research
- Access to observational and practical placements to provide an insight into a real world research or academic environment
- One to one supervision from a clinical academic supervisor throughout the programme
- Development of a clinical academic portfolio to support and evidence learning during and following the programme
- There are no programme fees and we provide a single payment grant to your employer for your time on the programme
- Access to the UoB education facilities
- Independent study time to complete programme work
The internship links to the Health Education England (HEE) Research and Innovation Strategy and Clinical Academic Careers Framework. The framework aims to provide a clear pathway from the start of clinicians’ careers with internships, through to those wishing to undertake senior clinical lectureships.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form.
For further information about the internship programme, please refer to the related pages or contact the clinical academic programmes team.
Tel: 0121 371 8162
Sorry, there are no related news articles.