Birmingham Health Partners will be part of the Edgbaston Medical Quarter (EMQ) deagtion who will be at Arab Health 2017 for the first time to showcase the healthcare and life sciences revolution taking place in the West Midlands, in the heart of the UK.
Located on the Calthorpe Estate, EMQ has a rapidly growing healthcare and life sciences community, supported by internationally renowned training and educational facilities. It is fast becoming a ‘go to’ centre for clinical trials in addition to general medical and healthcare excellence and already provides over 60% of the healthcare provision for Birmingham.
Within EMQ there is over 180 medical organisations, 80 hospitals and specialist care centres and 44 GP clinics and routine care facilities, along with 23 training facilities.
It includes a range of specialist care centres including oncology, mental health, diabetes, addiction, eating disorders and trauma. EMQ is gaining a strong reputation for healthcare and life sciences excellence at a regional, national and international level.
The area also boasts a powerful cluster of advanced research centres, healthcare institutions and academic centres including the University of Birmingham’s medical school, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham Dental Hospital & School of Dentistry and The Accelerated Trials Programme as well as the Rare Diseases and Personalised Medicine Centre.
Also representing the West Midlands at Arab Health, will be Birmingham Health Partners and its Institute of Translational Medicine, The Centre for Defence Healthcare Engagement, and the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network, as well as a number of pioneering med technology companies from the region.
Mark Lee, Chief Executive, Calthorpe Estates, said: “EMQ offers an optimum investment destination for healthcare and life sciences organisations, in addition to research, development and personalised healthcare projects. It provides some of the best and most cutting-edge places to be treated in the UK providing faster access to treatments and helping to save lives. Furthermore, it attracts eminently qualified and experienced clinicians, and provides a high quality service without the premium price of London.
“Its excellent cluster of medical research and healthcare facilities with specialist care centres, many of which are within walking distance of one another, are directly accessible from the UAE, the Far East, USA and Europe via Birmingham International Airport.”
“For 300 years, Calthorpe Estates, a family owned investor, developer and landowner, has been place-making and creating thriving communities within its 640 hectare estate in Edgbaston, Birmingham. We are honoured to be at Arab Health to showcase this healthcare expertise and our top class facilities.”
The Arab Health Exhibition & Congress is taking place from 30th January to 2nd February 2017 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre. Throughout the congress EMQ will be located on the UK Pavilion, stand Z1E50.
For more information visit www.calthorpe.co.uk/EMQ
Notes to Editors
Below are all the exhibiting partners who will be also representing the West Midlands on the EMQ stand:
- Birmingham Health Partners (BHP) – The BHP is a strategic alliance between a leading global University and three major teaching hospitals, working together to accelerate access to drugs, devices and diagnostics at a pace, scale and efficiency that is unrivalled in the UK.
- The Institute of Translational Medicine– a new world class clinical research facility, delivered by BHP, which will help progress the very latest scientific research findings from the University into enhanced treatments for patients across a range of major health issues including cancer and liver disease.
- The Centre For Defence Healthcare Engagement (CDHE) – The CDHE is at the forefront of leading and delivering efficient and effective defence medical healthcare engagement on a national and international stage.
- The West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN) – The WMAHSN leads, catalyses and drives co-operation, collaboration and productivity between academia, industry, health and care providers and commissioners. The WMAHSN will be bringing a delegation of pioneering med tech SMEs from the West Midland’s region.
- Biomedical Research Centre in Inflammatory Diseases – research led academics and leading clinicians from the NHS, the University and University Hospitals Birmingham are continuing to develop facilities and teams to help better understand and treat diseases like cancer and dementia.
- Business Birmingham – provides outstanding and award-winning support to inward investors by providing an in-depth understanding of businesses specific needs and requirements.
- Medstars – an independent UK-based company that connects patients with outstanding regulated health professionals.
- Script – an eLearning online tool which promotes safe and effective prescribing practice and management of medicines.
Calthorpe Estates – It is one of the UK’s most forward-thinking and progressive property investment and development companies. Family-owned, its prime focus has been to create thriving communities within its prestigious 1,600 acres Calthorpe Estate in Edgbaston, in the heart of the UK.
For 300 years, since 1717, Calthorpe Estates has place making and sustainably developing the Estate to create the best places to live and work.
The Estate is home to flourishing commercial, medical, leisure and residential communities and incorporates one of the UK’s largest urban conservation areas, just a mile from Birmingham’s city centre.
For more information or to arrange an interview with EMQ please contact Julia Price:
DD: +44 (0) 7737 864878